Basically Jessica Verday, author of THE HOLLOW trilogy, had written a male/male love story and was asked by the editor to change it to a male/female relationship because it would not be acceptable to the publishers. She refused and pulled her submission and support of the anthology. In support, so far, 3 other authors are pulling their submissions from the anthology as well. Below I have posted 2 links from Jessica Verday's blog which include quotes from the editor and the publishers. I have also posted links to the blog entries of the other authors who have posted why they have chosen to pull their stories.
- Jessica Verday - "Being Gay is Okay" Blog post - includes editor's comments
- Jessica Verday - "Wicked Pretty Things - Running Press and Constable & Robinson Respond" Blog post - includes publishers' comments
Blog Posts From The Other Authors Who Have Pulled Their Stories
- Lesley Livingston - "In Brief" Blog Post
- Karen Mahoney - "Friday update: WPT anthology" Blog Post
- Lisa Mantchev - "A note from the Management:" Blog Post Brenna Yovanoff - "This is Not a Post About Sunshine" Blog Post *updated March 26th, 2011
- Seanan McGuire - "Reasons for withdrawal: why I have pulled out of WICKED PRETTY THINGS." Blog Post *updated March 30th, 2011
* I will edit this post if more authors pull their stories Love is love.