Home
Twitter

Sunday, July 26, 2009

McDonalds' Misprint?

McDonalds' Misprint? Probably not but here's the story.

Yesterday, I decided to treat my son to McDonalds for dinner. When we visit McDonalds get Happy Meals together and compare toys and, of course, when we're done I usually let him have my toy. As you may already know, McDonalds is celebrating the 30th birthday of the Happy Meal.

Now, here's the strange thing that maybe someone can explain to me. On both the Happy Meal boxes and the Teenie Ty toys we got in the Happy Meal have a logo that reads “15 YEARS OF HAPPINESS.” There are 15 toys in all and you have to find 15 hidden gifts in their puzzle on the box. Obviously the Happy Meal is older than 15 because I remember having one as a child and lets just say not in my I'm 20s anymore.

I've searched the interenet and cannot find anything about McDonalds and 15 years. I've searched ebay where some people are already selling the toys and all of their toys have the same birthday logo but their's reads 30 years. Also, someone had the full collection of all 30 toys on ebay.

The Happy Meal Box. Note the logo on the left side.


The frog still in the package. Note the logo in the upper left corner.


The hamster toy. Note the logo on the tag. You might have to click on the picture to see a larger picture.


What is celebrating 15 years? Why isn't it 30? Is this a drastic misprint? Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Janet said...

My kids are all grown up, so I can't be of any help. I didn't even know that the Happy Meal was celebrating 30 yrs. Maybe it's the Ty toys that are celebrating 15 yrs of happiness.

Madeline Barr said...

HI Janet,

Thanks for your comment. We thought it might have been Ty's birthday but if you look at the image of the box (click on it for a large view) the banner in the picture reads "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY MEAL." So I'm guessing that can't be it. Any other ideas? :)

Unknown said...

I know it is 6 years later, but I also have one with 15 years on it that I found sealed a while ago!

Madeline Barr said...

Nice Taylor. I never did figure out this one.

Post a Comment