Home
Twitter

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Score! - SBP (Story Behind the Poem)



Another poem in my book, IF MY FISH HAD FEET, is titled SCORE. It's about a child playing, the great Canadian sport, hockey waiting to get the puck and score. Our character finally gets the chance to get a goal however, the outcome in comically unfavourable.

This poem is based on a personal experience when I played basketball in school. Unlike the character in the poem I often had the opportunity to score but the result was not always as I intended. I am sure that I'm not the only person to do this but at the time I couldn't believe it happened.

What happened? Well, you will have to wait for the book to be published and find out for yourself.

2 comments:

Carma Dutra said...

Auntie,
you really know how to entice everyone with your charming titles.
Carma
http://carmaswindow.blogspot.com

Madeline Barr said...

Tee hee. Thanks Carma.

Post a Comment