Home
Twitter

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Break Was Not A Break For Me :)

This was the first March break I have been off since my son started school. I feared the week of having both a 4 month old and 6 year old alone all day while my husband worked. Keep in mind I am a working mom with a new baby and not use to having both children home all day. So I planned as much as I could for the week to keep my 6 year old busy. My 4 month old got toted around to all the events.

I must say, I had a wonderful time.

MONDAY
We stared the week by having some friends over who we haven't seen in a long time. Two of my girlfriends used to live in my area but due to work and other reason they had to move their families to other cities. My son was thrilled to see his old friends. The kids played and the mothers chatted. At the end of the visit we took a picture of all the kids together.



TUESDAY
I made arrangements to visits Mavin Gunderman also know as "The Bug Man" in my area. My son and I got see a number of interesting bugs and insect including a tarantula and hissing cockroaches. I was brave and held a hissing cockroach. My son wouldn't but he did pet it with his finger. Marvin is a wonderful guy and he was very kind to take some time out of his day to let us visit.


WEDNESDAY
A bit of a slow down day. We didn't go anywhere however we kept busy by making piƱatas at home. What a fun way to spend an afternoon together.


THURSDAY
Thursday we went with grandma to an indoor playground called Chatters. My son loved it because he got to run crazy with other children. I loved it because I got to sit and chat (while supervising my son) with my mom. My son and I also played a game of air hockey there while grandma watched the baby.


FRIDAY
This was probably the best day. We went to see the Reptile Man. I've never seen my son sit still and pay attention for such a long period of time. We saw spiders, lizards, turtles and, of course, snakes. I think the highlight was the baby anaconda the man pulled out. At four years old it was huge and still had a lot of growing to do. My son was excited to touch the snake.


I really enjoyed the week with my kids and all the fun things we did. I hope we have just as much fun when he is off of school in the summer. (I may be looking for suggestions of activities to do)

2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow, sounds like you had a very filled and interesting week with your children. I have always been a stay at home mom, but most of my kid's activities just involved staying at home and playing with the neighborhood kids. Every now and then we'd go somewhere neat and interesting.
Enjoy them while they are young.

Madeline Barr said...

Thanks for your comments Janet. I was going to let my son play with the neighbour kids but they were away learning how to ski. I think summer will be more playing outside and going somewhere neat every once and a while. I am trying to love every minute. :)

Post a Comment